Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thrifted table for the nursery : from random wood to fun turquoise !

Hi ! I hope you had a great week-end !

We're back from our friend's wedding. It was a beautiful day, and the bride and groom were gorgeous. I even managed to stay at the party till 1.30 am !!! I feel so tired now ... But it was worth it !

 Here I am with my darling sisters ...

... and with my big belly !

This week I've been working on a little table for the nursery. It's not the first one I picked (see here), but a new one I've found at my favorite thrift store, for 5€ I think.

So, after sanding (ouch, my back !!), applying some primer and 2 coats of white paint, I've decided to add a fun touch by using turquoise chalkboard paint on the top. I'd bought the paint a long time ago, but didn't get a chance to try it before. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Here it was before : great shape, but with damaged wood ...



During the project ...



And here's the result (with my little Egmont rabbit lamp on it) :





With the light on ...

Just to give you an idea of the atmosphere at night ... Great for night breastfeeding !

And since my paint brushes were out, I also gave an old random plastic tray a new look with some black chalkboard paint (I feel so foolish not to have taken a "before" picture, it had some weird flowers on it !) ...


I don't know what's with me now, but I can't help picturing everything with chalkboard paint on it. Is it serious doctor ?

6 comments:

  1. Oh ! C'est vraiment joli, j'aime bcp ce que tu en as fait.
    Je voulais te demander :"my favorite thrift store" tu peux nous en dire plus, c'est une chaine ou une petite boutique ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup, je suis ravie que ça vous plaise. J'ai trouvé la table chez Emmaüs (celui de Bouguenais au sud de Nantes), mais je chine également à Troc.com, la Trocante et dans les vide-greniers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little table you've transformed for the nursery - goes so well with the rest of the room and is such a lovely piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous room!!! I would love to feature it on my site, www.chiccheapnursery.com

    Please email me at contact@chiccheapnursery.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao!
    I found adorable the idea of the little tray.
    I published in a post on my blog.
    Hope you will like it.
    Thank you!!!
    Aretusa
    http://petitepoohmonamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails