Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A DIY aqua & green crib bumper and a matching blanket

In addition to the first one (see the last post), I've made another crib set, including a bumper and a blanket.

I wanted to use the same turquoise fabric than the crib skirt (on the back), and another pretty fabric I've found on Quilthome.com (you should check them out, their fabric are amazing, with good prices and the shipping - international shipping from me as I live in France - is quite fast).

As I'm due in June, I wanted to create a summer inspired nursery, with a touch of vintage (hence the differents items from our childhood, and the thrifted decorations). I love the aqua/green combination, I think it looks great for a gender neutral nursery, and I'm definitely not afraid of using blue even for a girl. And I think this colour combo does create a sunny / summer look.


Here it is with the matching blanket.


A closer look at the green fabric by Kate Spain.


I love that the back of the bumper and the crib skirt match.



And here's the matching blanket (I've used a polar blanket from Ikea for the back). Of course, it won't be used IN the crib at the beginning.





I've added some pom-pom to get a fun & less conventional look.


Do you like it ?

4 comments:

  1. Je suis (comme souvent chez toi) totalement fan !!! Ces petits pompons sont trop craquants. Bravo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green fabric is so beautiful! I came across your blog via the Young House Love blog, and I've loved watching your nursery come together. I'm expecting my first baby in July, and your style is very inspiring. Now if only I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crib set you made for your baby looks so comfy and soft! Its colors added to its overall pleasant feel. I’m sure your baby definitely loved sleeping there. So, was it a boy or a girl?

    -Allie Carrillo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails